Dr. Thomas D. Rosenberg, M.D.
Knee Specialist/Preventive Health
Rosenberg grew up in Northern Utah. He attended the University of Utah Medical School. His orthopedic training occurred at the Universities of Utah and of Wisconsin in 1973 to 1978. Rosenberg co-founded the Fitness Institute at LDS Hospital in 1980, The Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (TOSH) in Salt Lake City in 1991, the RCM Clinic in Park City, Utah (with Dr. Vernon Cooley) in 1998, and the non-profit nutrient supplementation company, Nutriex in 1999. Viewed as an innovator, Dr. Rosenberg invented new arthroscopic menisci repair techniques and developed new tools and methods for ACL reconstruction. Specifically, he is best known for the endo-button and quadrupled semi-tendonosis reconstruction (single and double tunnel methods) techniques for ACL reconstruction. He has developed widely utilized tools for chondroplasty of the knee, including the Full-radius Resector, curved chondroplasty devices, and micro-fracture instruments. He has designed bony-integration patellar implants and techniques for athletic knee replacements. His x-ray method, the 45° flexion P-A weight-bearing view (Rosenberg View), is widely used internationally.
University of Utah, 1969
Orthopedic Surgery Residency
University of Utah, 1973
Sports Medicine Fellowship
University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1977
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1979
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
Recent Research from Dr. Rosenberg*
1. Significance of C-reactive protein in osteoarthritis and total knee arthroplasty outcomes (published). View Abstract.
2. Omega-3 Fatty Acide Levels in Healthy Utah Teens (submitted)
3. Detection of Carotenoid and Flavonoid Antioxidants in Human Bone Tissue by Raman, Reflectance, Flourescence Methods (submitted)
4. Optical detection of carotenoid antioxidants in human bone and surrounding tissue [PDF]
*Recently recognized as a top 1% orthopedist by U.S. News and World Report.
Dr. Rosenberg's Team
Troy Johnson, PA-C
Exercise Specialist & Physical Therapist Assistant
Scheduling and Reception
Esther Shepherd, RN
Park City Medical Center Inpatient Manager
Angela "Angie" Mariani, RPT, EMT, CMA