|Follow-up Visit (day 10-14)
- Sutures are removed and steri-strips are applied
- With too much activity with your hand following surgery, the wound edges may
separate. This is called a dehiscence. If this happens, a dressing of gauze and coban will be placed on the hand to allow the wound to heal from the bottom up. Keep the area clean, dry and covered until the incision site is fully closed and healed. Normal activity (no weight or water restrictions) may be resumed once wound is completely healed.
- May get steri-strips wet, but may not soak (bath tub, swimming, hot tub, etc.); pat area dry with clean towel
- Once steri-strips fall off and the incision site is fully closed and healed, water activity is unrestricted
- May gradually return to activity with no weight restrictions